ASSALAMUALAIKUM WARAHMATULLAH WABARAKATUH ...
I GET THIS NOTES FROM MY TOF GROUP... Semoga bermanfaat ...
Here is the Summary of The Straight Path To Jannah Convention 2015; 28-29 March 2015. May this knowledge benefit us all. آمين يا رب العالمين
*Please take note that all actions and qualities mentioned in the notes below are based on lillahita’ala. Also just as a reminder that we always need to rectify and reposition all of our intentions for the Sake of Allah*
TALK 1 : THE STRAIGHT PATH TO JANNAH (by Mufti Ismail Menk)
- What is the Straight Path?
- We always make du’a to Allah to show us the right path in our prayers in the recital of Surah Al-Fatihah (Ihdinassirotal mustaqim).
- The Straight Path is following Allah and the way of His Messenger; Al-Quran & Sunnah. It is straight and clear. One has to read the Al-Quran to understand and know what the Straight Path is. No one should be embarrassed or shy to learn things on the Straight Path. Our relationship with Allah is based on His Mercy; improve our relationship with Allah by respecting and treating right to His Creations.
- Prophet Muhammad SAW is always calling us to the on this path to our destination Jannah. However on this path there are walls on our left and right with doors of sinning covered behind the deception of beautiful curtains of temptations (the whispers of shayateen).
- Therefore we have to be careful of Shayatins that will ambush Believers on the straight path as they know this Path very well [Al-A’raf ; 16].
- Always remember to be focused to stay on The Straight Path. It is easier to stay on the path when you are calling others to stay on the path, as you are not alone and you will remember that you are the one who is calling in any case you are about to astray.
- Part and parcel of being on The Straight Path is to believe in the Herafter [Al-Muminoon ; 74] and to always take accountabilities for your actions.
TALK 2 : ROADBLOCKS TO JANNAH (by Sheik Saeed Rageah)
7 keys that will dither us to Jannah
The biggest roadblock is bad companionships. It is important to be around companionship that calls you towards Allah, not towards temptations or those that prefer Dunya over Akhirah.
Men should beware of the “female of iblis” (opposite of righteous women) those who bring temptations and cause men to astray from the Deen.
The love of Dunya over Akhirah; to prioritize worldly matters over Deen.
4. BEING SO MUCH INVOLVED IN YOUR ONESELF
Respecting Allah is to respect Allah’s Creations and treat them well.
Righteous children who have been thought the Straight path can benefit parents in Hereafter as they are one of the 3 things that will continue to benefit parents after their death.
Treating your parents well will be your ticket to one of the 8 gates of Paradise.
A wife should obey her (righteous) husband and the best of husbands are those who treat their wives well and fulfil their responsibilities as a husband.
TALK 3 : THE CROSSROADS: CULTURE OR RELIGION? (by Sheikh Abduraheem Green)
Muslims characteristics are:
- Deep thinkers
- A Muslims should always be intellectually and emotionally intelligent.
- The intention (niat) is what makes the action different. Always Lillahita’ala.
- The Sahabas and Tabiins were NEVER TAKEN IN BY THE SWEETNESS & POWER OF ANYONE’S SPEECH. This tells us to always think & analyse in any given situation.
- Islam is a holistic living and a state of being; everything that we do should be revolves around ISLAM and its teaching. Islam should not be treated as a separate entity.
- Muslims should not allow global culture to take precedence over our Deen. Cultural globalization here refers to the transmission of values around the world that is easily being extended, intensified and accessed by the media culture and international travel. Our Deen should always be our roots.
- The Believers always repent; it is about their connection with Allah.
TALK 4 : BUILDING BLOCKS FOR JANNAH (by Mufti Menk Ismail)
The road to Jannah requires dedication. Allah is always looking for excuses to give us Paradise (in each deed that we do).
The 2 deeds of people of Jannah are to have the consciousness of Allah (fulfil his obligtories) and to have good characters (treatment to humanity).
There are 16 “Fast Track Winning Tickets” deeds to Jannah (validating condition is to be a Believing Muslim & always Striving for the Sake of Allah):
1. SEEKING KNOWLEDGE
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Allah makes the way to Jannah easy for him who treads the path in search of knowledge.
2. TO BE KIND TO YOUR PARENTS & TO SERVE YOUR MOTHER.
3. CONTRIBUTE TO THE BUILDING OF ALLAH’S BUILDING (MASJEED) even for a brick.
4. THE RIGHT USAGE OF 2 ORGANS; to not speak in vain and to not commit adultery.
5. GOING TO THE MASJEED IN MORNING & EVENING.
6. PERFORMING UMRAH (OFTEN) & HAJJ.
Allah will forgive the sins in between Umrah and those whose Hajj have been accepted are guaranteed Jannah.
7. FORGIVE SOMEONE who has fully wronged you.
8. VISITING SOMEONE WHO IS SICK for Allah is very close to those are sick.
9. GREETING ASSALAMUALAIKUM TO SOMEONE .
Spreading Salaam & Peace is not merely a lip service but also includes speaking good of that person/not backbiting & to forgive that person.
10. FEEDING OTHERS;
Feeding the poor or your family and friends with food. This also means to not waste food.
11. MAINTAIN YOUR FAMILY RELATIONS
Relationships are not supposed to be “tit for tat” kind of relationships but it is about extending one’s way to build or rebuild relationships.
12. FULFILLING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WHEN EVERYBODY IS ASLEEP
The best charity and amal is kept secret between you Allah (unless telling it to someone will inspire the other person to do good deeds).
13. PROSTRATING (TO ALLAH) A LOT
14. SEEKING FORGIVENESS FROM ALLAH
Make haste towards the forgiveness of Allah [Aal-i-Imraan ; 133].
Those who have oppressed themselves and engaged in immorality then they seek repentance when they regret and do not continue the bad way, still has hop for Jannah [Aal-i-Imraan ; 135].
15. WHOEVER WHO DOES GOOD DEEDS as long as they are believers
Jannah is brought close to Muttaqins (those who are conscious of Allah); those who constantly return & pulling back to Allah and those who always protect themselves from Allah even when no one is watching them.
16. WHOEVER HAS HIS HEART SOFTENED FOR ALLAH AND A HEART THAT RETURNS TO ALLAH.
TALK 5 : STEADFAST ON THE RIGHT PATH (requires the quality of Sabr) (by Sheikh Dr Muhammad Salah)
Imaan is the greatest gift from Alllah and should not be taken for granted as it can be taken away. Imaan increases and decreases according to deeds and sins.The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “The heart of the son of Adam changes more quickly than a pan of rapidly boiling water” (Unless it is being maintained with our Deen and Deeds for the Sake of Allah).
Ways to stay steadfast of the right path:
1. RECITING AL-QURAN
Al-Quran heals, it is a miracle beyond our humanly grasp of understanding. It softens the heart and relieves worries.
2. DOING GOOD DEEDS
-voluntarily act of worship (each act will bring one closer to Allah and 70 years away from Jahannam).
- Regular performing of 12 rakaat of Nafl Prayers before and after obligatory prayers will guarantee Jannah.
3. THE REMEMBRANCE OF ALLAH (Dzikrullah)
- To always keep your tounge moist with the remembrance of Allah (adhkar and tasbeeh).
- Du’a and invocations is te fortress of the Muslims. Always seeking protection from Allah.
- Attending circle of Knowledge (Halaqah).
4. THE PEER (company)
Having righteous company as “A man will follow the religion of his companion” and “There is nothing that corrupts a person or rectifies him more than his companions”. Love for the Sake of Allah.
5. MAKE DU’A
“Whoever makes a sin then take wudhu’ then pray 2 rakaat of repentance with full khusyu, the sin will be as if it had never happened.”
No one is exempted from calling others to Allah. It is obligatory for those who follow The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ).Calling other people....