Dikongsikan catatan ringkas dari The Daily Reminder Conference (29&30 aug.2015) yang lalu.
Semoga ada manfaat yang dapat di kongsi bersama.
All it takes by shaik omar el banna
29 Aug.2015 (14 Zulkaedah 1436H).
1. We live in very rough time - time of much 'fasad', corruption, oppression, muslim blood are cheap, etc. do we care? do we really care? we claim we care but...
2. We also have lost our 'dream'..most of our dream for ourselves and our family is all dunia (best education, best house, best salary etc)... BUT for akhirat we have very low aspiration.. the lowest level of jannah...is okay for us.
Rabia ibn kaab was one of ahli suffah (the poor who have no house, no food, no wife and even the cloth he was wearing was not enough to cover him properly) one day ..
Rabia b.Kaab, said:
"I was with Allah's Messenger s.a.w. One night, and I brought him water and what he required. He said to me: 'Ask (anything you like)'. I said: 'I ask for your company in Paradise.' He (the Holy Prophet) said: 'or anything else besides it.' I said: 'That is all (what I require)'. He said: 'Then help me to achieve this for you by devoting yourself often to prostration' " (Sahih Muslim).
SubhanAllah! he has nothing of this dunia and he didn't bother to ask any?!!!. If he had asked, RasullAllah s.a.w. would have asked the other sahabat and they will be racing to fulfil his requests to help Rabia..but no...his focus was jannah...not only jannah but TO BE WITH RASULALLAH S.A.W.!
And of course jannah is not easy thus RasulAllah s.a.w. told him 'help me to acheive this for you.....'
3. All our sacrifices, worries, priorities are mostly about dunia but no or minimal worries about akhirat.
4. We complain about the leaders, the ulamas and the ummah. they should do 'this' and 'that'..but we just sit on our butts...as long as we are ok..our family is safe..we have good income...the ummah is not my problem! ask ourselves... 'what have I done for Islam beside complaining and criticizing others?'
5. We want others to change/improve first...actually we must change/improve ourselves first - improve our character - it is not enough to just look after our family (wife and children). we have 'time and money' for dunia BUT we don't have 'time nor wealth' for the deen. ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT, ALLAH will ask us to show from our deeds - what have we done for our deen :((
6. The story of musab bin umair, his sacrifice and the success of his dakwah. it was reported after a year of of his dakwah in madinah...there is a muslim in every house in madinah! Allahuakbar! imagine how happy he will be on the day of judgement! (you can read more about musab bin umair - link below) http://www.islamtomorrow.com/articles/Musab_bin_Umair_envoy.htm
- Darkness/ bathil & corruption will easily fade away with light / truth. ( I think the speaker mentioned this verse. (17:82) And say, "Truth has come, and falsehood has departed. Indeed is falsehood, [by nature], ever bound to depart").
- It only take someone to lit the light...do not wait for the next person to do it.
Buat Sister Yona - Semoga Allah merahmati mu sentiasa dunia dan akhirat, Insya Allah.