1/11/2015 - notes
1. do not talk for a long time without remembering Allah
The Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Do not talk too much without remembering and mentioning Allah, for too much talk without mentioning Allah hardens the heart, and the person farthest from Allah is the one with a hard heart.” (Tirmidhi)
when we talk, we must on and off quote the verses of Allah or hadith or mentioning Allah. so that:
- our heart will be soften
- we will more careful with what we say
- we will be more humble in reminding each other i.e. with wisdom and patience
- we will benefit here and hereafter.
2. important to refer to Quran to find solutions/solve problems
i. if we submit to the 'words of Allah' (al Quran) we will find peace
- everything 'do this' in the Quran if we do it - it is for our own good
- everything 'don't do' in the Quran if we didn't do it - it is also for our own good
ii. most of the verses in the Quran are so clear and direct.
3. the longest verse in the Quran is in surah al baqarah. i.e. about debt/loan. Islam allows us to have debt/loan...but follow the rulings... and
The Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "if a man marries a woman with a dowry (that he will pay it for her later) and that he intends not to give it to her is an adulterer, and whoever borrows money and he intends not to pay it off is a THIEF"
4. al Quran is the book most recited in the whole world (and memorized even by those who can not read it). those who recite al Quran and do good deed = most profitable business!!!
Indeed, those who recite the Book of Allah and establish prayer and spend [in His cause] out of what We have provided them, secretly and publicly, [can] expect a profit that will never perish -
5. al Quran recitation will intercede for us in hereafter
The Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: Recite the Quran, for it will come as an intercessor for its reciters on the Day of Resurrection.(Muslim)
6. recite al baqarah for our 'house warming' / shop warming
The Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: 'Do not make your houses like graves, for the Shaytan runs away from a house in which Surat al-Baqarah is recited'(Muslim)
- every Muslim should be discipline and committed to recite al Quran with understanding. may Allah make it easy for us and our family to be committed to recite Quran everyday. aaminn